Monday, October 10, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

For tonight's Halloween Month Movie Marathon, I decided to go out and see something more recent.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children actually surprised me with how good it was. I was expecting a movie centering on a rag-tag team of gifted kids with no real development beyond their one special ability; à la League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Mystery Men. But they did a good job of fleshing out the world they live in and making you care about the characters and their plight. There were also elements of time travel involved, which is always fascinating for me.

It was also nice to see Eva Green show a little emotion. She's been typecast as a stone-faced cold-hearted bitch so much, I didn't expect much from her, but she did a good job expressing emotion when needed. All in all, a great film. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment