Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Rose Red (2002)

Tonight, I finished Stephen King's Rose Red. I had to start it yesterday because it's a 3-episode mini-series and each episode is an hour-and-a-half long. Whew!

This film is about a psychology professor who organizes a group of psychics to spend a weekend in a haunted mansion. She hopes that their psychic energy will bring the house alive and legitimize her research into paranormal phenomenon.

I watched this mini-series the day(s) it was first broadcast on TV. I was glued to the TV the 3 days it aired and I've always been fascinated with it. Most Stephen King movies turn out cheesy and campy, but this mini-series actually turned out really good. And being the length of 3 movies, it has plenty of time to flesh out an excellent story and still have room for scary edge-of-your-seat moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment